"Return of Kings", "Fight Club" and other fictional irrelevancies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Return of Kings", "Fight Club" and other fictional irrelevancies

On the wider Internet, I have often met strange claims by those who do not care for men having rights. Such claims range from various 'fathers of' or 'leaders of' the men's (rights) movement (no one person is either), claims that connect men's rights with pick-up-artists (there is no connection), to links with various fictional works - particularly television programs (men's rights advocacy is about real-life human rights, not some fiction).

"Return of Kings", an American TV series, is the most common fiction I see feminists connect with men's rights. Feminists tell me that there is nothing about human rights in Return of Kings but I know better than to trust feminists. Needless to say, I and many other men's rights advocates (MRAs) have never watched the program and as far as descriptions of it indicate, it has not influenced anyone in the men's rights movement (MRM) that I know.

"Fight Club" is another fiction lately being claimed as being representative of, or useful to men's rights advocacy. Apparently, this is an old film and one source even says it is a 'handbook' for MRAs! Anyone using some fictional film as a handbook for anything is definitely going wrong!

To anyone unclear about the use, or influence, of any fictional work in human rights advocacy I say this to you:
    ▸ Use whatever you like to enthuse yourself and to find motivation. However, when it comes to the detail of activities, get real, use fact not fiction and don't mistake the serious problems men + boys have for some game or entertainment.

To those who oppose men + boys confuse the men's rights movement with something fictional, I say this to you:
    ▸ Keep dreaming. We who care about human rights are growing and your fictional feminist world will crumble.
    Last edited by Douglas; 14th-January-2017, 11:33 PM. Reason: typos
    I advocate for the rights of men and boys. I stand for human rights. That means I support the rights of humans regardless of their chromosones. That means I must combat feminism.

About the Author

Collapse

Douglas When I was a teenager, growing up with an older feminist sister, I had the FEEL that somehow things weren't right with what the feminist message was. I saw the Women's Liberation Movement come and go, and that seemed to me to be about fairness and equality - things I couldn't really argue against, even if I realised the implications might not lead to what women really wanted. But the differences between what the "Women's Libbers" were saying and the messages from the feminists was stark and clear .. and worrying. As the years went by, I tried to reject my feelings about feminism and pay attention to the message feminists were putting across. The more I understood and the more I thought about what they were saying and investigated the claims they made, the more disgusted I became. Clearly it doesn't take a feminist to be a misandrist but in my perception, a disorganised misandrist is socially harmless, the same way a misogynist is. Feminism gives organisation to misandry and makes it very dangerous to society. Find out more about Douglas
Working...
X