One (very small) step for equality on domestic violence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India One (very small) step for equality on domestic violence

The Supreme Court of India recently found the law on violence against women to be invalid, in a very small way. The Protection of Women against Domestic Violence (DV) Act is a direct reflection of feminist propaganda in that it affords women (only) protection from men (only) in incidents of domestic violence.

On an appeal case connected with a woman being violent to another woman, the Supreme Court determined that the act breaches India's equality clause in its constitution and also is in conflict with the Act's stated aims of protecting women. A woman in a lesbian relationship is the most likely to suffer domestic violence, so in defining the only possible perpetrators of violence as being a man, the law was explicitly denying protection to the most vulnerable of women.

It is unfortunate that the Supreme Court did not take their ruling further and determine that the law was contrary to the Constitution in defining only women as possible victims. However, now that this first step has been taken, it is likely that, should the Supreme Court be asked to rule on such, they would rule in favour of equality rather than feminism.
    Under Section 2(q) of the 2005 Act, a complaint can be made only against an 'adult male person'€, thereby insulating women from being accused of offences mentioned under the law.
    I advocate for the rights of men and boys. I stand for human rights. That means I support the rights of humans regardless of their chromosones. That means I must combat feminism.

Well as long as half of the victims are protected and only half the abusers are punished, all is well... apparently.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Douglas When I was a teenager, growing up with an older feminist sister, I had the FEEL that somehow things weren't right with what the feminist message was. I saw the Women's Liberation Movement come and go, and that seemed to me to be about fairness and equality - things I couldn't really argue against, even if I realised the implications might not lead to what women really wanted. But the differences between what the "Women's Libbers" were saying and the messages from the feminists was stark and clear .. and worrying. As the years went by, I tried to reject my feelings about feminism and pay attention to the message feminists were putting across. The more I understood and the more I thought about what they were saying and investigated the claims they made, the more disgusted I became. Clearly it doesn't take a feminist to be a misandrist but in my perception, a disorganised misandrist is socially harmless, the same way a misogynist is. Feminism gives organisation to misandry and makes it very dangerous to society. Find out more about Douglas
    Working...
    X